Panty liners have been a consistent feature in my stash of period products for a number of years and have come to the rescue more times than I can mention. For me, liners are not a luxury, but an essential item.
Here 9 reasons why I think panty liners might just be the most useful period product:
- They save you from ruining your knickers. Let’s just have a minute’s silence for all the underwear we’ve lost to period blood… I’m pleased to tell you I’ve not lost a single pair since using daily liners.
- They help you feel fresh and clean throughout the day, every day. Daily discharge is quite common and can make you feel uncomfortable but with liners you can get rid of the dampness without changing your undies.
- They save you from using more than you need. We all know pads are for periods but sometimes that’s more than you need; a liner can also provide adequate protection for the lighter days of your period.
- They come to the rescue when your period shows up unannounced or for spotting.
- They offer extra protection for tampon users. Organic cotton tampons are great, but occasionally there is a risk of leaking, especially if you’re not using the right absorbency for your flow. If you’re concerned, a panty liner might just offer that extra “backup” protection that you’re looking for.
- They save you from embarrassment. If you’ve had a baby, you may have noticed what happens sometimes when you sneeze, jump or laugh. This is extremely common and nothing to be embarrassed about but panty liners might just offer the light protection you need.
- They can be worn with any type of underwear. You may not have noticed but TOTM’s liners have special contours which indicate the way you should wear them and to fit all your favourite knickers. The adaptable design is for a more flexible fit. What’s more, they are ultra-thin, discreet and shaped to your body for comfort.
- They are better for your body. TOTM liners are made from organic cotton, are free from pesticides, chemical fertilisers, rayon, viscose, chlorine and perfume. They are hypoallergenic and compatible with your body’s PH.
- They are better for the planet. TOTM’s organic cotton products are biodegradable and dissolve naturally in landfills. They only use non-GM, certified organic cotton grown without chemical fertilisers or pesticides.
TOTM offers a box of 28 organic cotton liners that they refer to as ‘dailies’, which gives some indication of how often you might wear them, but we all have different needs and they can be used for a variety of reasons. Buy them here.
Daisy, from Bath.