The nights are drawing in, there’s a noticeable chill in the air and the leaves are slowly changing colour and falling to the ground, which can only mean one thing – autumn has arrived. And we think it’s the greatest season of them all.
Here’s a few ways to make the most of the next couple of months before the, dare we say it – Christmas count down – really begins.
- Dig out your knitwear from the loft. The best thing about changing seasons is discovering a whole new wardrobe! If you’re looking to add to your collection, we’re loving crushed velvet and ruffles for this season, although perhaps not together!
- Drink copious amounts of tea. You can’t beat a good brew and why not mix things up a bit with herbal tea from Pukka.
- Go apple picking and make a delicious crumble. This has got to be one of the best desserts on a chilly autumnal eve. Visit this website to locate your nearest pick your own farm.
- Take a bit of ‘me time’ and review your skin care regime. The temperamental weather changes during autumn can wreak havoc on our skin. Top things to remember are exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate and don’t ditch the SPF!
- Make a den and cuddle up. You’re never too old to build a fort and get snug in front of the telly all day (and night!). Perfect cosy Sunday activity we think.
- Bundle up and star gaze. On a cold, clear evening, what could be more romantic than jumping in the car with a flask of hot chocolate, a duvet, an iPod loaded with chill out music and your other half to star gaze somewhere secluded.
- Make a big batch of chilli con carne and get your friends round. Halloween is a bit of a none event when you don’t have kids (or, if you do but they’ve grown out of trick or treating) so how about whipping up a hearty dinner in the slow cooker and getting the girls round for a cosy night in front of a scary film instead?
- Hit the park for a run or a bike ride. With all the beautiful colours it makes for a far more interesting setting than the gym; make the most of the mild weather before winter sets in.