Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a festival? But, if you’re on, or expecting to be on your period during the festival weekend, it can very quickly put a downer on your time there.
Lucky for you we have compiled a list of our top 10 festival period hacks. This will ensure you have a super easy and stress free period, meaning you can spend more time on the important things, like which music acts you’re going to see!
Our top 10 hacks
- Before you pack, think about the products you’re going to take with you. If you use applicator tampons, have you considered non-applicator? They take up less space & there is less waste involved.
- Bring lots of zip lock bags to keep your unused items clean and dry. If you’re just going for just one day, the TOTM cotton bag is the perfect size to stow everything you’ll need. Top tip: choose the freezer zipper bags as they’re thicker & more durable.
- Biodegradable baby wipes will help you feel as fresh as you can be in the middle of a muddy field without indoor plumbing.
- Make sure you store your waste and carry it home with you if proper sanitary bins are not available. We recommend Fab Little Bag for discreet tampon disposal as they’re biodegradable too.
- Bring hand sanitizer to ensure your hands are clean before and after application.
- Don’t forget pain relief. Ibuprofen will be your best friend if cramps hit!
- Drink plenty of fluids… and alcohol doesn’t count. Dehydration can increase menstrual pain. Hydratem8 bottles have a 900ml capacity and easy marked water timings to ensure you get the recommended daily intake of water.
- Wear darker coloured clothing as it’s less likely to show evidence of spotting.
- Consider packing an on-the-go stain remover to get rid of minor stains with little or no water.
- Avoid the hanger and pack some snacks. We love Kind bars at the moment.